[ltp] ACPI Problem on R51

Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:50:15 +0100 (MET)

Hello every one,

i have 2 problems with my R51 thinkpad1829EHG.For 3 Days i update the
kernel to kernel-2.6.8 running on debian  and when i turn it down the
Diplay is off but the
fan still run, the power-Led and the Wireless-antenna-Led(hop you
unterstand what i mean) remain on.To turn the Laptop off running linux
 i need to holp
for 5 Second the Power-button.I have the same effect when i start the
command "halt" as Root.
Please i need help.Is there someone who has already succefully configure
his Thinkpad R51 (or similar model) and have solved the related problems ?
I have heard the debian packages "tpb" solve this Problem and additionally
enable the FN + F3 F4 ......
Initially the Key commbination FN + F2 F3 ... works well on my machine but
i didn't get the green-Indication on the Display like using those key
combination under Windows.
I have no idea how to configure the "/etc/tpbrc" file that why im asking
hier if some can help me to solve the related two problems.

Thank in advance

Bertrand Njipwo