[ltp] T23 - various FIXES

Ian McIntosh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:26:51 -0500

Just thought people might benefit from some things I've learned about my
thinkpad.  It is a T23 model 2647-9MU.

- If your TP pauses for several seconds when waking up from an APM
suspend, a BIOS update may help (IBM may update the BIOS when you send a
TP in for a repair).

- If your screen is developing a red tint on the bottom left and/or
right corners, this is the sign of a dying LCD (screen? backlight?
inverter?) and it will slowly spread to the whole screen.  It appears to
happen to the high-res screens on T23 (mostly? only?).

- If you get a headache when looking at the LCD (and not other LCDs),
try changing drivers (the DRI savage driver gives me headaches, the old
savage driver doesn't).  It could also just be a settings problem, but
it's a hard problem to debug due to false-positives/negatives.  (Anyone
else experience this?)

Hope these help someone.

-Ian McIntosh