[ltp] [OT] Library Files on Fedora Core 2

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:50:58 -0700

Eben:

I sent the original message from my office.  I checked the ld.so.conf
file and it did not have /usr/lib in it.  I added it to the bottom and
then ran ldconfig -f /etc/ld.so.conf -v.  It appeared to run ok, but
when I ran rpm -Uvh kdebase-....rpm I still get unresolved library
errors.  The interesting thing is that this is also complaining that xfs
is NOT running, but when I do a ps-ef | grep xfs, xfs is running.  What
do you think is the problem?  Remember, this is an upgrade to the
kdebase that FC2 installed.

Also, in a bash session, I do the following:

set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

When I type in set, there is no entry for LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks.

James McKenzie