[ltp] kernel 2.6.8.1 with latest acpi patch and softwaresuspend 2

Robert Ramiega linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:24:49 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 04:04:22PM -0700, Michael Perry wrote:

> I tried one time repeatedly and cannot get the core patch to apply
> correctly even on a newly untarred kernel source.  I wonder if it has
> to do with the acpi patch??
 If my memory serves me well i applied version-specific patch first (using
apply script) then core patch and then acpi patch (actually at first
recompiled kernel without acpi patch so i had to recompile my kernel again)
 (i'm also running Debian/Unstable)

> I guess on the good side I can now shut things down without interrupt
> handler kernel panics.  Even in X; which is an added benefit.  I sure
> would like to get software suspend working too just to check it out.
 I did not test 2.6.8.1 w/o latest acpi patch extensively but simple
suspend-to-disk and back again worked perfectly even from X (I had problems
with this on some earlier 2.6.x (2.6.5 ?) kernel). Now i'm using 2.6.8.1
with latest acpi for a few days and have been suspending to disk couple
times per day without any sign of problem (my battery went dead on me).

 To sum it up: try to put swsusp2 patches first and acpi patch after that.

--
Just a friendly Jedi Knight     | I find your lack of faith
Robert Ramiega jedi@plukwa.net  | disturbing