[ltp] How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:02:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Be aware that when you disassemble the laptop, you should replace
> the screws with new ones. (it may seem extreme at first, but it is
> absolutely essential)

	And where would one obtain new screws? I know for a fact that
IBM repair does not do this, because my previous Thinkpad, a T23, was
returned to them at least 7 times for repair in a year's time, and
some of the screws (due to my own repairs on the unit) had some very
distinctive scratches on the head. When the laptop was returned, those
same screws were reinserted by IBM repair. They definately opened the
case, because the repair involved replacing the internal PSU and CPU.

>  Can you share with us the url with the disassembly videos?

	Sure, here you go:

	http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1TPAD-MOVIES

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com