[ltp] Thinkpad - R51, Opinions.

Sean O Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:20:14 +0100

Hello,

Currently have R31 (2656), which I'm very pleased with, and have come to
stage wish to upgrade, I think R51 is best solution (UN0R6UK -* Intel M
725 (1.6Ghz), 512MB, 60GB, 15" XGA, ATI M7, Intel 2200BG, Bluetooth).
*I am pleased with the spec, but curious of R51 in general, in people's
opinion...

I only ask since I see a lot of threads in regards to R51 on this list
(meaning either there is fsck loads of problems with it and linux, or
lots of people have them, or a bit from column A, and a bit from column B).

I'll probably be throwing FC3(4 when out) on it, and dual boot with XP
(still undecided, currently don't, and are times where having one
windows box would be handy...).

Interested in people's opinions, of it & possible alternatives (in that
price range), the only downside to it is the lack of the nipple, I'm not
keen on touchpad (and I don't like R50e)

Regards,

Sean
*
*