[ltp] Re: Suspend-to-RAM on Thinkpad R50e (partial success)

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:56:00 +0200

On 11 Apr 2005, Mo wrote:

> As I am getting the same error you got without using intelfb at all, I don't
> think it is intelfb related.

I beg to differ: As far as I understand the whole issue the video driver
(intelfb) is supposed to reinitalize the hardware during resume, but it
doesn't. The acpi_sleep=s3_bios parameter tries to make the Bios do the
job instead, which isn't strictly correct, but apparently works on some
systems (and freezes others). So, yes, the problem appears with or
without intelfb, but it's intelfb-related nevertheless.

        Cheers,
            Ingo