[ltp] Mails from ATI about the Suspend-To-Ram problem with fglrx drivers

Nils linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:20:20 +0200

> What is happening, if you save the state just at the first boot up. and
> alwas restore this saved vbestate image?
>
> Peter
>
> --
> 		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
> 		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
> Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B

Hi Peter,
I tried it ...
If I resume from a state (after boot without X) the laptop crashes.
If I resume from a state (after boot with X login manager) the laptop works,
but it solves no problems.

The high power consumption problem can be solved by adding these to lines in
the /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script before chvt 7. (only another dirty hack)

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /bin/false -- :1
(after the fake X Server the ati card is probably a little bit more
initialized.)

But fgl_glxgears crashes in the same way.

Nils