Mr Ryan's auto-responder problem ... (Re: [ltp] Plese turn off James Ryan's auto responder!)

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:48:50 -0600

|On 4/26/05, James Ryan <jamesr@totalinfosecurity.com> wrote:
|> Hi, this is James Ryan...of the infamous "autoresponder
|incident" which
|> apparently will go down in the annals of "ltp" history as a crime
|> against humanity...perhaps I should present myself to the Hague for
|> prosecution?
|
|Seems a bit strong - but if it will make you feel better ...
|
|> On Thursday, 14-April I was struck with a sudden, critical
|illness that
|> required immediate treatment.

I'm sorry to hear this. Seriously.

|I hope you are better.  Actually I saw a similar incident many years
|ago.  A "Boss" screaming at an employee - "... where the &%^# have
|you been the last 3 days ...".  He answered "... my mother died ..."
|Sometimes folks act in haste and must spend several days removing
|their foot from their mouth.
|
|> Though I feel I have provided helpful advice to this list in the past
|> (the ACPI HOWTO, the CPUSPEED HOWTO, etc.), and have
|certainly benefited
|> greatly by your advice, as a result of this incident I feel I can no
|> longer participate in the list.  Thank you all for your
|insight over the
|> years, I will miss you.

I must say that I feel terrible for all the e-mails that were sent to you
and about the autoresponse.

I have to say and need to admit that 70% of the e-mails were a Joke, and-or
people having fun with this Topic. I think this is a lesson for me an other
people to learn about this.

It still does not mean that all people that leave can have their
autoresponse for any reason.

I apologize, but we do not gain anything with you leaving as Rich just said.

Thanks for understanding,

- Alejandro