[ltp] activating 3 button on a t40p under debian sarge

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:41:03 -0500 (CDT)

honey@gneek.com said:

> Apologies if I'm repeating an old question - I use the trackpad, not
> the trackpoint (so sue me!) and I've always wondered if I can still
> use the trackpoint *buttons* (above the trackpad) at the same time.
> I have a vague recollection a year ago I followed a guide and tried
> to but failed.  Is there a way?  I'd quite like a middle-click button
> rather than Emulate (or better - as well as).  Why they can put one
> under the trackpoint but not under the trackpad is beyond me.  T40.

I may be wrong here but I figured that the middle button was only for
scrolling, and since there's a stripe on the right-hand side of the touchpad
that functions as a scroll bar, the middle button wasn't necessary.  That
functionality worked right out of the box for me but the middle button for
the trackpoint (eraser) didn't; it functiond as a regular click until I
changed it.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com