[ltp] Adding more cooling to the T42p

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:26:18 -0400 (EDT)

> Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I have 2.0Ghz T42p that I use
> heavily almost daily for the last 13 months. I've never once had any
> problem with over heating or hard locking.

 	My T23 would hard-lock pretty consistently as well, when it
reached the smelting point.

> I've not had any heat issues even during many hour long compile
> sessions with the CPU pegged at 2Ghz.

 	Compiling doesn't seem to have any issues, its just when I
tinker with something using heavil OpenGL, like xscreensavers or any
GL games.

> I do have 3D drivers installed (the r300 DRI driver currently).

 	Are you getting dri? I'm at >2600fps with r300 here. Which
version of r300 did you build your tree from?

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com