[ltp] considering t43p... is the lenovo quality okay?

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:15:14 +1300

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:57, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:

> I wouldn't worry at all, is the same people. "Same thing, different
> name" and not even cause it still says IBM. ;-)

I have read that IBM lost money on Thinkpad sales.  Unless Lenovo has a death
wish, they will be making changes.

Perhaps they are smarter business people than IBM, perhaps they have supplies
and parts available at better prices than IBM for the sam quality.

On the other hand, perhaps they think they are smarter business people, or
that the quality of their supplies is good enough for the price, but low
enough that they won't lose money on selling Thinkpads.

We don't know what they will do, nor how well they will do it.

But I will suggest that if it's actually the same, Lenovo will go out of
business.  I think only time will tell.

Cheers,
Bret