[ltp] Non-IBM provided disk on a Thinkpad?

Manuel Carro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:04:45 +0100

    Dear fellows,

my T40's 80Gb HD crashed yesterday.  IBM service is really lousy here
in Spain (because they do everything through retailers).  I am
thinking on buying a similar disk (a 80Gb Hitachi) or something a bit
larger (100Gb, probably).  I understand that IBM ships the disks with
funny things (e.g., the predesktop area) which will not be present in
a fresh HD.  Will that be a problem?  I have not really used (at least
not intentionally) the predesktop much, so I think I can live without
it.  Or do you think I will be running into troubles?

        MCL (mcarro_at_fi_dot_upm_dot_es)
Shoot.  Whatever you hit, call it the target.