[ltp] Non-IBM provided disk on a Thinkpad?

Gilson Laurent linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:12:39 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> I am
> thinking on buying a similar disk (a 80Gb Hitachi) or something a bit
> larger (100Gb, probably).

For a T40: no problem. Only the models working internaly with SATA have
problems with normal drives (buggy SATA/PATA-Bridge)

> I understand that IBM ships the disks with
> funny things (e.g., the predesktop area) which will not be present in
> a fresh HD.  Will that be a problem?

If you are using windows you will have to download the drivers from IBM. But
since you are posting on linux-thinkpad ...

cu

--
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set fire to him and he is
warm for the rest of his life.