[ltp] CD-RW/DVD-RW Multi-Burner problem with cdrecord

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:33:09 +0100

    Matt> Use dev= despite Joerg's pissing about it being unsupported.
    Matt> The X,Y,Z triplet doesn't mirror what Linux does internally,
    Matt> so it's IMHO not relevant.

    Matt> What happens if you try a CD-R?  If a CD-R works properly,
    Matt> then it's not cdrecord, but media.  Beyond that... dunno, I've
    Matt> had no problems with cdrecord or growisofs in 2.6.10-vanilla
    Matt> and 2.6.12-gentoo-r9.

Hello,

I have just tried with CD-R, and it works like a charm. However, the
CD-RW i was trying to write works perfectly on my old laptop, that's why
i don't understand well why it doesn't work well with my T43.

Following Torsten advice, i will build a 2.6.15-rc5 Linux kernel. Is
suspend patch useful for this kernel or it is already in this
pre-release ?

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001