[ltp] acpi suspend fails on x40 after undocking from ultrabase

Jon Dowland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:45:06 +0000

Seasons greetings all,

After undocking from the ultrabase using the dock/undock.sh scripts
supplied with the ibm-acpi package, sleeping no longer works.

I added some debugging stuffs to the suspend.sh from the same package
and it seems that the suspend operation simply fails. The "progress bar"
of equals-signs appears... there's a delay, then I'm back to the
console.

kernel 2.6.13.4, with the ibm-acpi in that package.

Has anyone else experienced this? It makes my ultradock a paperweight
:/

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/