[ltp] Watching movies off compact flash?

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:23:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 06:54:45AM -0500, Crispian Thorne wrote:
> In just over a week I'm off to Boston for LinuxWorld. This will mean a 4
> hour train journey each way on Amtrak, and as I'm not travelling
> "business class" I'm pretty sure there won't be AC outlets to plug in to.

Even in economy class on Amtrak, there is an AC outlet for every two
seats.  In "business class" there is an AC outlet for every seat, and
more space for someone to spread out with all of their gadgets --- the
GPRS/Bluetooth cell phone for internet access during the train travel,
the palm pda, etc., etc., etc.  :-)

These days, I consider Amtrak to be a far more civilized way of
travelling between Boston and New York than (for example) flying,
because you get far more uninterrupted hacking time on your laptop; no
need to go through the airport security, turning off your laptop
during takeoff and landing, and so on.

						- Ted