[ltp] unfortunate incident with thinkpad

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:19:39 -0800

Unfortunately, my daughter somehow tangled up the power cord on my T23
and it went flying off the table onto the floor.  The end result is that
the brand new 80g drive (ebay new) is history now and will not boot
whatsoever.  I've ordered a new drive to put debian back on and get
things going again, but I am curious if anyone has a list of folks that
do laptop repairs or out of warrantee services.  The few I have seen in
the SF bay area do not respond to email requests at all.  If I have to
mail the laptop that would be okay.  The other thing I would like done
is to have wifi antennas installed inside the screen element.  I've
looked over the docs on how to do this and I think I would screw it up
somehow given the chance :)

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org