[ltp] Last desperate attempt to show off my Debian Thinkpad at a conference

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:55:56 +0100

Bob Alexander wrote:
> I love my desktop. It shows Debian, GNOME, KDE appls and even (shudder)
> IE6 and Lotus Notes under WINE.
>
> I have made many many attempts, veiled by my ignorance, to obtain the
> same a 1024x768 screen mirroring my internal 1400x1050 LCD panel but am
> stuck with two situations:
>
> 1) My "xinerama" setup is ABSOLUTELY GREAT ... the second screen shows
> on the projector perfectly. But while giving my lecture on the beauty of
> Debian (to a paying audience yuk yuk yuk) this will not be very
> practical. BTW I have discovered with horror that if I move my OO
> impress on the external projector and then click "run the slide show" it
> shows on the internal LCD !!!

Did you try to _start_ ooimpress on the second screen?  I didn't try
xinerama yet, but it should be something along the lines of `ooimpress
-display :1 <file>'.

I'll try this setup, too...

> 2) My "single" setup shows on the projector a clipped AND distorted
> mirror of what I see on the internal LCD.

You might want to try a fixed CRT2VRefresh rate.  I had success with 50Hz.

good luck,
michael