[ltp] t40 apm suspend --- strange problem

Franz Rühmland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:53:37 +0100

Bob Alexander wrote:
> Yesterday I left the machine in the suspended state overnight to measure
> the power consumptions (13% of the high capacity battery in 14 hours).
>
> Further testing seems to indicate that if I suspend and a few minute
> after resume, all works fine but if the machine stays suspended for
> longer times the resume will be broken.

I've just discovered the same thing. I usually leave my T41 suspended to
RAM (APM) when not using it and up until recently it have been working fine.

Recently I made some changes to my kernel config (2.6.9-gentoo-r1), and
  (if memory serves me right) I started noticing the same behaviour as you.

The changes were: PCMCIA changed to module instead of compiled in,
parallel port support, LVM support and Bluetooth support.

I will now be testing my old config to see if it works OK. Then I will
start troubleshooting the new stuff.

Also, have you found a minimum time in suspension after it reliably
fails to come back up?

/
Franz

These are the changes I made:

diff config-2.6.9-gentoo-r1-2 config-2.6.9-gentoo-r1-6
4c4
< # Sun Nov  7 08:32:21 2004
---
 > # Sun Jan  2 00:09:35 2005