[ltp] TP760XL and PCMCIA Lan card

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:48:23 +0200

Hi All,

I am Harry Popov from Sofia, Bulgaria. Started learning Linux in April
last year. My computer is an old TP760XL, 166MMX, 32RAM, 1Gb HDD. It is
dual boot with Win95 still on the disk for my HAM Radio programs. It was
a difficult task to install a working Linux system on just 600Mb disk
/my linux partition/. After a lot of reading and experiments the task
was done. I have capable VectorLinux 3.2 /it is based on Slackware 8.1/
with X, Internet and IrDa.

Reading the list messages brought a great help to me and I want to
thanks all listers.

Till now I connect to Internet via IrRda and GSM phone which is quite
expencive. I bought a PCMCIA Lan card and I have problems with it. As I
succeeded with several cards on different desktops, I think the problem
is that PCMCIA notebook cards should be installed some what in a
different way and I need help.

Could some one give a set of advices or pass links for usefull readings.
BTW I did my best to find such information alone.

The card is made in Turkey and is rtl8139 chip. It is recognized by the
system and 8139too nodule loads. I think I have aither incorect module
or IRQ problem.

If some one could help with advice feel free to email me. Thanks for
reading and excuse me for the long expose but it was a high time to
introduce myself infront of you.:)

Regards, Harry Popov   LZ1BB   G QRP Club #4210

P.S. As you see my English is quite limited and that the reason I can't
explaine exactly all card problem details. So if I must give more info
just give me questions.