[ltp] Latest fglrx and xorg-6.8.1

Winsley von Spee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:52:37 +0100

Me too :(. I have been so glad when I heard about the new fglrx
drivers ... and that although they wrote in the release note that
switching to console will no longer force the xserver to crash (but they
also wrote that they are working on the suspend problem ....) .

Isn't it possible to write a working driver ??? I wonder how many
programmers are working on the linux driver. Probably not more then one
or two I guess.

Stopping the X server before suspending is no solution for me ... which
sense does suspending do when I have to stop all running programs ???

For now I made an bash alias wich points to another screen wich is
running the fglrx driver ... so if I want to run an accelerated xserver
i have to stop the running xserver and start it again with that alias.
That's crap to but I suspend more often than running a game or something
similar.

Is there any body out there who is able to switch to the console or
suspend without crashing the xserver?

So long ....