[ltp] LCD/CRT/TVOUT switching on Radeon M6 LY

Michal Trzcinski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:16:09 +0100

Dnia czwartek, 20 stycznia 2005 16:57, Tomek Jarzynka napisa=B3:
TJ> I have tried atitvout and tpctl. Well, actually, I can't even force Win=
dows
TJ> XP to use my TV (of course it says its enabled), but I've managed to get
TJ> tv-out display on my friends' tv sets. Do you have a sony TV by any cha=
nce? :)

What input (type of cable) have you use on this Sony TV? And what type on y=
our friends tv?
I don't have posibility to test it with my R51 on Sony TV. Sorry.
I tested it on Thomson and Tristar (old one by this manufacturer) and it is=
 working but only and only with Svideo<->Svideo cable!

TJ> PS. Is the bloody Radeon M6 soldered to the mainboard? I began thinking
TJ> about replacing it. Well, in Thinkpad600 processors were swappable, and
TJ> since me and my friend have absolutely identical laptops EXCEPT for the
TJ> card, then maybe...

R51 gfx card can't be replaced i think. You have T[sth], but i don't think =
so it is posible.
What gfx card want you to put it in? :)

regards, jz