[ltp] T42 Questions (Model 2379R9U)

Greg Macek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:23:24 -0600

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading to this @ the office from my T30 (2366-41U). I
have some questions that hopefully some can answer here:

* How big of a size difference is the 15" model from the 14" models? I
know the T4x series is thinner than the T30's, but I was wondering also
about space on a desk, for example.

* Is weight difference noticeable between a T4x 14" model vs. the 15"?

* From the looks of the list, support for the Intel 2200 wireless card
is pretty good. Bluetooth also seems to be a non-issue.

* How is general experience with SUSE 9.1 (or 9.2 - may buy it at the
same time)? Not all posts mention distro being used.

* Other hardware gotchas (incompatibilities)? I don't plan on using the
fingerprint reader. 1400x1050 resolution will work OK under X? That kind
of stuff.

Look forward to any answers people here can provide. Thanks.

Greg