[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:41:55 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

> Are you booting into Windows while suspended?  I had file corruption
> on both Windows and Linux when doing this.  Not every time, but
> frequently.  Since stopping, no problem.  If I need to switch OSes, I
> shutdown fully and restart.

Noo - absolutely not.  But I use swsusp2, writing to the swapfile - a
separate partition to anything Windows touches.  Of course, if you
did this in APM BIOS suspend, you could well end up with corruption.

It's pretty well acknowledged by developers there's a bug in there -
we thought we had it, but in obscure cases it seems to be still
hiding there.  See:

http://lists.suspend2.net/lurker/thread/20050716.112354.fde6d295.en.html

if interested.