[ltp] x20 questions

Rolf Leggewie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:43:09 +0200

Hi,

I am considering to buy an off-lease X20 as a cheap and ultra-portable
typewriter.  I hope there are some users of this machine around that can
help me with a couple of questions.

* Can the battery be hot-swapped?
* What are good sources for a battery apart from ebay preferrably in
   Germany but US is OK.
* Anybody ever thought of hacking the ultrabase into an external battery
   case?  I do not need the ultrabase but I'd like to extend battery time
   to at least 8 hours if possible.  Does the ultrabase have enough room?
* RAM is 320MB max and that is what I intend to put in.  I read on this
   list that not all 256MB modules are supported.  Any general rules how
   to discern the supported from the unsupported?
* Can the X20 be used in dual-head mode under Linux (TFT plus external)?
* Is the mini-pci slot a standard?  Can I just put in anything?  What
   about WLAN cards?  I guess they would at least lack an antenna, right?

It would be great if you could share your wisdom if you have any
knowledge about above things.  Thanks!

Regards

Rolf