[ltp] Battery Refill.com?

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:08:19 -0400

On 1/30/05, Nathan Kurz (nate@verse.com) (Emailias: REPLY-MASKED)
<reply-51622-71a9-linux-thinkpad-admin=3D-linux-thinkpad.org@emailias.com>
wrote:
> [...]  Keep us informed of how it works.

I haven't seen any updates to this thread, so here's my story.  I had
two batteries for my Thinkpad 2611-1472 ('99 vintage P366).  I sent
one that lasted only 1/2 hour to batteryrefill.com.  It was $80 and
their site claimed a 7 day turnaround for most batteries.  After a
month I called and they acknowleged receipt of my battery but said
they had a cell shortage.  Couldn't tell me how long it would be.=20
After two months I called again.  This time they couldn't find the
battery.  These guys answer the phone half the time but don't return
messages left on their machine.  I intend to pester them until I get
satisfaction.  Will let you know how it goes.  In the mean time,
caveat emptor.