[ltp] RE: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:52:40 -0600

> little. The
> software also has a realtime '3D' image of the notebook which show the
> tilting of the notebook. Pretty neat.
>
> I once tripped over the network cable and had the notebook fly through
> the air and eventually hit the floor. The harddisk was still fine (as
> was the rest of the notebook which impressed me because the
> lid was in a
> 180 degree angle with the keyboard after it hit the floor).
>
> Please let me know if I can be of any help running windows or linux.
>
>         With kind regards, Sander

Sander,

	This is exactly what we want here. Once we have information on how to
access the device, we will be able to create all these nice features, that
for example, will help people that had your same problem. Imagine that just
because someone tripped over the cable, you will loose your HD, data,
backup, Music and so on. And the worst thing, your laptop has the feature,
but you can't use it. I was also looking into making the 3D show, but,
nothing can't be done until someone figures out, or IBM releases some specs.

	Thanks for adding yourself into the thread.

.Alejandro