[ltp] Ok to remove Recovery Partition?

Alexandru D. Salcianu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:22:23 -0500

Hello,

There is an even simpler way of finding the size of the recovery
partition, even before deleting it: one of the Windows utilities
installed by IBM allows you to chose where to save some sort of
backups.  The graphic interface for making this choice also shows you
the size of the recovery partition.  I don't know the exact name of
the application, as I almost never boot into Windows.

Anyway, regardless of the size of this partition on older models, the
partition is very large on recent T42, and it's definitely worth
deleting!

Good luck!

Alex