[ltp] Noisy fan on T42

Alexandru D. Salcianu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:16:29 -0500

Hello!

I already have ibm_acpi installed.  It has many cool features in
/proc/acpi/ibm, but it still doesn't solve the noise problem.  The
same for laptop-mode, that was recommended to me in an earlier email.

I have even recompiled the kernel with apm support (instead of acpi)
but no result either.

It looks to me that current power management tools in Linux simply
cannot handle my laptop (the fan noise is acceptable in Windows,
although things can be improved a bit there too).  I'm looking forward
to trying the next versions of acpi and ibm_acpi.

Alex