[ltp] Has anybody witten mails to ati for their bad drivers ?

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:40:25 -0500

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

> On Tuesday 22 March 2005 18:56, Michael Gaber wrote:
> > has anybody tried the r300 drivers?
> > do they work with a firegl t2 ? (e.g. r50p, t41p, t42p)
> > do they suspend/resume?
>=20
> I wonder: what's wrong with the X.org driver? No issues with suspend to R=
AM=20
> with that on a T41p.
>=20
> Why should I bother with some binary only driver in the first place?

In my experience, anything using the X.org DRI module from 6.8.0 and
above will not suspend to disk and come back in one piece.  Disable 3d,
and it mostly works, though I've also experienced what appears to be
loss of 2d acceleration (extremely extremely slow redraws until I
restart X).

-m

--=20
Censorship, like charity, should begin at home, but
unlike charity, it should end there. -- Clare Boothe Luce

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--