[ltp] How to change the default charge threshold settings?

hzx linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 May 2005 00:17:32 +0800 (CST)

I've noticed that for some new thinkpad models (such
as X40, T42 and some R50s), there is a new button
called "improve battery  health" in the "IBM Thinkpad
Configuration|Battery Information|Battery Health" on
Windows. One can change the start and stop charging
threshold in this utility. I thought it a very useful
feature, through which I can keep my battery 50%
charged when the AC adapter is connected, thus
preventing my battery from wearing out. But this is
just the case under Windows. If Windows is not run and
the AC adapter is disconnected then re-connected, the
charging will start again and won't stop until the
battery is fully charged. I found that when the
Windows is run, the file "BATINFEX.DLL" in the package
"Battery MaxiMiser" will monitor the battery status
and then determine whether to charge the battery or
not according to the customized charge threshold
settings. As for Linux, I don't know how to acquire
the same effects. Anyone have the same problem?

雅虎免费G邮箱-中国第一绝无垃圾邮件骚扰超大邮箱
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/?id=77071