[ltp] NumLock going crazy, extermly annoying problem

Helen Borrie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:22:30 +1000

At 02:54 AM 16/10/2005 +0100, Richard Neill wrote:

>Yoni Levy wrote:
>>Problem solved !
>>It was in fact an application called tleds.
>>Two question remain - how did it get to my /etc/init.d, and why does it
>>affect the keyboard output ..
>>I'll ask the authors of tleds, hope to get an answer...
>
>The first is probably a result of the packaging of the application. After
>all, if you *did* want to have tleds installed, you'd (probably) want it
>to be a system service. It's only a bug if it got installed
>by default rather than by you selecting it.
>
>The second is definitely a bug!

I wonder whether it is related to a Thinkpad-specific anomaly... when I
plug an external keyboard into my T390E, I get all of the functionality of
the (standard 105-key) keyboard AND the TP's keyboard still works *except
for* the NumLock/ScrollLock key.  From reading the docs, this appears to be
"by design".  I don't know why it should be.

Helen