[ltp] SOT: Linux friendly MP3 player

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:20:47 -0400

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 11:37, after a long battle with technology,
Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> I am looking for a Linux friendly portable MP3 player.  Cost is a
> consideration but cheap and unreliable is not an option.

iRiver makes some decent mp3 players, and their players that don't act
as USB Mass Storage devices can be made to work with the userspace
ifp-line program, which has an mc backend.  I'm happy with my iPod
mini.  With gtkpod, practically all iPods work really well, so you
could pick up a 1G iPod Shuffle for $129+tax/shipping and have fun with
that.  HTH,

--
   "Right now i got approx. 3 KB RAM left, still enough to do a lot of
   useful stuff."