[ltp] SOT: Linux friendly MP3 player

Andy Schnaendy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:25:49 +0200

Hi.

Sean Dague schrieb:
> The iRiver H340 is has been really rock solid since I got it over the
> summer.

I can confirm this, it's a great device.

> It has a 40 GB HD, does MP3 and OGG, and is a USB2 mass storage
> device.  It is file browser based, though there is some Linux code to
> generate the metadata db which lets you do genre/artist based browsing as
> well.

This sounds interesting, haven't found that yet. Could you post (or
mail) a link, please? Thanks.

> It also displays text files and pictures on it's little color screen, which
> is kind of neat.  :)

Another nice feature of the H340 is that it can act as USB-host (OTG),
so you can connect a digicam and transfer your data to the hd on the
player. Very useful on long journeys where you don't want to take a
laptop with you and take more pictures than you have SD-cards, ... for.
;-) Not to forget the 12-14 hours of playtime (charge either via USB or
power cord). Plays WMA and ASF as well. Of course it's kind of heavy
with 200g.

Andy