[ltp] Power connector on X20

Neil Caunt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:26:35 +0100

Hi,

Recently my X20's power connector has been a bit fragile (i.e. nudging
the cable will break the connection), and it finally gave up the ghost
yesterday. I can't power/charge the laptop with the AC adapter now at
all.

I can get power for a fraction of a second by wiggling the connector
in the socket, but nothing more. I'm way out of warranty and now have
the system in bits to see if I can effect a repair. Connections to the
socket look OK, but I'm no expert in this.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this issue they could share?

Cheers,
Neil