[ltp] irda, Ericsson T39, gnokii problems

Robert Svoboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:57:38 +0200

Hello,

I have R40 and have been trying to set up connection to my
phone.

I got to the point where irdadump sees my phone. I load
ircomm and ircomm-tty modules and start gnokii --monitor.

Nothing is reported by gnokii and dmesg contains this:

irlap_adjust_qos_settings(), Detected buggy peer, adjust mtt to 10us!
IrLAP, no activity on link!
IrLAP, no activity on link!

I tried some tricks found on various mailinglists without
success. Namely this post:
http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2003/Dec/0103.html

If I let irdadump running simultaneously with gnokii I see
that they are trying to communicate somehow, but
unfortunately I don't understand this protocol. Its excerpt
can be found here:
http://onyon.net/tmp/r080/irdadump_output.txt

Thanks for any help.

Robert