[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:34:19 -0400

> Incidentally, spinning the hd down manually (hdparm -Y /dev/sda) works
> fine, but spinning it back up again is impossible (basically my
> filesystems become unreadable. The behaviour is
> consistent/reproduceable).  Does anyone else experience that?
No I haven't. I can both spin down and spin back up. What's your kernel
version and patch you applied? Can you suspend-to-ram? Have you taken a
look at this page and fixed the various malaise mentioned there?
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux
Jiang