[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:22:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Under 2hr for a 9-cell is abnormally low, unless you're running the
> CPU at full speed and adding in WiFi and such.

 	The machine uses the userspace governor, so its at 600Mhz
almost all the time, except when I launch vmware (1Ghz) or am doing
some builds (full speed, 2.10Ghz). It spends 90% or more of its time
at 600Mhz.

 	I mentioned before, but I'll mention it again, these batteries
have *NEVER* given me more than 2-2.25 hours of life, ever, since the
very first day I bought the laptop and batteries, new, direct from
IBM.

 	The saleman that configured and sold the laptop to me said
that the 6-cell battery wasn't even an available option, because it
would only provide me with 30 minutes of battery life. He said if I
wanted to do a single cross-country flight with this laptop powered
the whole time, I would need _at least_ 2 of the 9-cell batteries, so
that is what I bought.

 	And he was right. 2 fully-charged 9-cell batteries _just_ gets
me from the East Coast of the US to the West Coast, just doing mail
and other random, non-cpu-intensive tasks.

 	I'm not thrilled at all with the disgusting battery and power
performance of the Pentium-M processor at all. I don't think I'll ever
buy an Intel product again. This is probably the last straw.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com