[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:36:15 +0200 (MEST)

on Apr 8, 2006, 13:22, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

[ ... ]

> I'm not thrilled at all with the disgusting battery and power
> performance of the Pentium-M processor at all. I don't think I'll ever
> buy an Intel product again. This is probably the last straw.

There is nothing wrong with the pentium-m family powerwise, compared to
the competition, simply because many people are able to run their TPs for
4-5 hours on 9 cell batteries. I am one of those people.

Your unfortunate (to say the least) situation sounds like a rock solid
ground for a warranty claim. The salesman claiming the 30 minute running
time is passing a malfunctioning product for the real deal.

Contact Lenovo/IBM. The running time of 2.5 hours is unacceptable and *is*
a manufacturing flaw (I think the only way of getting those number on my
TP would be to run glxgears together with prime95 with everything else
turned on).

ivr
--
Simula-konsulent? Simsulent? "I eat Java for breakfast!".
                                            -- thorkild