[ltp] T41 shutdown when ripping dvd

honey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:32:18 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, U Kuehn wrote:

> Temperature limitation is something that obviously the
> kernel on-demand governor does not support, does it?

Ah yes, it's coming back to me now: in Fedora Core 4 I disabled the
userspace governor and cpuspeed (default shipping in FC4 and FC5)
in favour of the kernel ondemand governor and found it much more
responsive bumping up frequency immediately on demand - particularly
helped with Firefox responsiveness.  So if, as you say, there's no way
to limit frequency by temperature for in-kernel governors, that's a
tricky choice... performance vs. meltdown...