[ltp] [tp_smapi] stop_charge_thresh on R51

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:04:45 -0400

After reading over the battery-life discussions of a week or so ago, I
thought that stop_charge_thresh might be a useful feature to have in
keeping my battery in tip-top shape. It's not supported by tp_smapi on
my R51, it says "Function not supported by SMAPI BIOS". Does this mean
the hardware does not support it or just tp_smapi? I haven't had a
bare-metal installation of Windows in several months, but IIRC the
ThinkPad tools supported a similar feature. I'd be willing to re-install
Windows and poke around with a debugger if it would help in supporting
that feature for tp_smapi.

--
Andrew Barr