[ltp] Re: T60p officially supported with SuSE SLED 10 by Levono

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:52:44 +0300

Hi,

On 8/16/06, David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> I will be very happy to perform any T60p experiments this group asks
> for, at least for the next week or so, as long as you can give me
> reasonably detailed instructions and help me do it reasonably safely
> (i.e. let's not stop thermal control for too long ;->).

If the EC hangs, you'll notice it -- keyboard and mouse will stop
working. Just reboot your machine if that happens.

To see if there's a risk of this happening we need two things:
1. How does the content of /proc/ioports change by loading the binary
modules (save a copy and do a "diff")?
2. Can you load the new modules and the hdaps module ("modprobe
hdaps") simultaneously? What kernel messages ("dmesg") are generated
when you try to do so?

> I am still
> trying to configure mine for maximum usability/battery life/etc. and
> it looks like what I'd learn could be well worth the trouble.

This will be valuable for a lot of people. Maybe you can post your
conclusions directly to ThinkWiki, so other users can add and update
it?

  Shem