[ltp] a problem with the plug on the mother-board of a R50e

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
06 Dec 2006 22:10:26 +0100

Hello,

One of my child (I don't know which, it's the other ;-)) shoots in the
AC adaptator and now the yellow plug on the mother-board is very weak.

It don't work with his own adaptator and it's difficult to connect an
other Thinkpad adaptator on this plug, I must turn it very slowly until
it's right, and any move of the laptop cuts the alimentation.

What can I do ?

The technical guide describes how it's difficult to acces to the
mother-board. I don't want to open it nor solder on it.

Can I repair the plug from outside the laptop ?
Where are the contacts ? What can I do ?
Is it dangerous for the laptop ? I fear to break down this poor laptop.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

Francois M. in France.