[ltp] yet an other external monitor question (the same as ever) :)

Lou Yovin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:44:14 -0500

Saturday, February 11, 2006, 7:12:44 AM, you wrote:

PR> Stephan, Bill,

PR> Thank to your xorg.conf I could perfectly use my laptop on the projector.
PR> Thank you

PR> Paul

PR> PS : I noticed that in any resolution I would use, the top of the screen
PR> was not displayed on the projectors (2 projectors were coupled as to
PR> display on 2 sides of the room).
PR> That corresponds roughly to the height of a gnome panel by default. This
PR> is not a big deal, but it was surprising. Probably a problem with the
PR> projectors settings ..?

<snip>

PMJI: Were you able to make clone mode work so that you had different
resolution settings for the T'pad and projector? I have T43, SuSE 10.0 and
ATI's latest drivers. If I put it in clone mode, it does not seem to "see" the
external display. In mirror mode, it works fine but I have to change
resolution to 1280x1024 for it to work without scrolling on the external
display. Trying to set the resolution on the external display with "aticonfig
--resolution2=whatever" results in an invalid command (I suspect that the
config program is not seeing the second monitor). When in clone mode, it also
does not show a second display in desktop config. It also went to the wrong
screen. I would like to get clone mode to work as work as large desktop as
opposed to projector (I would really like both).

Again, pardon me for butting in.

--

  Lou

    --- __@
   -- _-\<,_

"Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now."