[ltp] yet an other external monitor question (the same as ever) :)

Stephan Groß linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:45:06 +0100

On Saturday 11 February 2006 13:12, Paul RIVIER wrote:

> Thank to your xorg.conf I could perfectly use my laptop on the projector.
> Thank you

Good to hear that ;-)

> PS : I noticed that in any resolution I would use, the top of the screen
> was not displayed on the projectors (2 projectors were coupled as to
> display on 2 sides of the room).
> That corresponds roughly to the height of a gnome panel by default. This
> is not a big deal, but it was surprising. Probably a problem with the
> projectors settings ..?

Mmh, I think I had once the same problem with a specific projector. If I
remember right a CTRL-ALT-F1 and ALT-F7 to switch from X to a console login
and back fixed that. But I am not sure about that.