[ltp] Hotswap driver (supports DMA, etc etc)

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:47:58 -0700

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:39:48 -0600
"Jim Duchek" <jim.duchek@gmail.com> wrote:

> >    Any chance of this being extended to address the ultrabase issue?
> >
> >    Ultrabase-X2 has an ultrabay, but the problem is a whole other ball
> >    of
> > wax when the ultrabay itself goes away.
> >
> >    To date, over the last 4 years, I've not found a way to dock with
> >    the
> > ultrabase and have it work if it wasn't docked at boot time.
>

> Does the ultrabase show up in /proc/acpi/ibm/dock?
> And whether it does or does not, could you send me the output of:
> ls -R /sys/firmware/namespace/acpi/ ?

   If i can remember where it is, I'll dock it when i get home and let you
know.

   Having no way to conveniently use it, my ultrabase has seen about 10
solid hours of use since i bought it four years ago.