[ltp] T22 ACPI Problems

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:10:45 +0100

Hello,

I am running 2.6.15 and Debian on a T22.
The below described problem was there with all kernels from 2.6.12
on, earlier kernels not tested.

Everything works fine until some magic point. Then the volume and
ThinkPad Buttons stop sending any events through /dev/nvram. Also
rmmod <any acpi related modul> hangs.

After a suspend to ram, also all ACPI events stop working. Fixing it
is only possible with a reboot.

This behavior occurs very randomly, sometimes after hours, sometimes
after days or even weeks. I believe there is some relation between
plugging in the jack to the hifi, but there is only a time relation.

Has anyone any ideas, what to do or where to start searching?

Regards,
Daniel.