[ltp] Re: UltraBay for dual boot

Josh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:58:45 -0800 (PST)

I recently purchased a ThinkPad T43.  I couldn't get a
dual boot system working on it so I installed Ubuntu
Linux on the entire hard drive and it's working well.

Unfortunately, I need to occasionally boot Windows XP.
 I am under the impression that I can buy something
called an UltraBay and put the 40 GB drive from my
broken Toshiba laptop in it, and then carry around two
hard drives in the ThinkPad (after removing the CD/DVD
drive, which I hardly use anyway).  The main 60GB hard
drive would have Linux on it, and the UltraBay drive
would have Windows...

Will the Ultrabay work with any laptop hard drive, or
do I have to buy a special hard drive from Lenovo?

Has anyone done this and is it a good solution?

Thanks