[ltp] Disabling moving/tapping touchpad but leave scrolling?

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:04:05 +0100

Jiang Qian wrote:
> Hi All:
> I use trackpoint exclusively on my T43, therefore I'm annoyed when I
> accidentally touch the touchpad and cause the mouse to move wildly.
> However I do find vertical and horizontal scrolling with touchpad edge
> useful when viewing large pictures or webpages.

What you want to do is use udev to write a separate rule for the TPoint
and TPad. Then, set up 2 different mice in xorg.conf (instead of
/dev/input/mice). Then, configure as you wish. Eg you can map the button
1,2,3 presses to some non-existent buttons.

For scrolling, are you aware of EmulateWheel?  xorg.conf:

Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "EmulateWheel" "on"          #Button 2 => emulated scroll wheel.
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
Option "EmulateWheelTimeout" "200"
Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"         #EmulatedWheel vertical/horizontal
pointer motion causes fake button 4,5 or 6,7 presses.
Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"